Use MATCHinform to check people out that you meet online before meeting them in person. It is easy, free and might keep you from wasting time with liars and cheaters. Visit MATCHinform.com.

Friday, April 6, 2007

Millionaires on MillionaireMatch.com? Not Exactly.

New Comment posted on MATCHinform - Jessica said...I saw the ranking list you mentioned. I also admire that young man who started such a popular site. But I am told an attractive girl like me should be well married. Maybe millionairematch.com is more suitable for me (April 6, 2007 12:58 AM).

Thank you Jessica for your solicitation. Markus Find is the CEO of plentyoffish.com, which is considered by some as the premier “free” internet dating website. Interestingly, both Markus and Successful Match, which is the parent company of MillionareMatch.com, are based in Canada.

Successful Match owns at least 40 niche market internet dating websites. Some of the websites appear to be decent ideas (SingleParentMatch.com); others will likely fall flat as a dating forum (PetsFriends.com).

Out of plain curiosity, I checked out MilionaireMatch.com. The site will not let you browse its members unless you are a member, which I always feel is a huge mistake. But in this case, I was intrigued enough to sign-up.

Before I even had the chance to peruse the site, I was bombarded with instant messages. The site allows paying members to contact non-paying members, and for the non-paying members to respond. I wrote about this in a post not too long ago. Great idea! This is how lavalife and match.com use to operate circa 2002.

MillionaireMatch.com is attempting to appeal to a niche market (the financial successful). However, it categorizes anyone who earns $150,000 and above annually [as a millionaire]. You do not need to have assets that total a million dollars or more per year.” I understand not restricting your potential user base, but seriously, MATCHinform's headquarters are in Washington, DC, and $150,000 per annum only buys you a one bedroom condo and a metro pass, not a “millionaire” lifestyle. In their defense, MillionaireMatch.com does define its $150,000 marker as demonstrating potential for future earnings and offers “certified millionaire” status. However, I just don’t see a “real” millionaire submitting his W-2 to an internet dating site.

Another issue is that the database is small, in part because the site is either new or hasn't been effectively advertised and also because it appeals to a niche market. When people decide to use online dating as a true and honest method of meeting people, geographical proximity is a key factor. First and foremost is the question of safety. If you travel an extended distance to meet someone, you have isolated yourself from a support structure that could help you if anything ever went wrong. Secondly, most people are not going to get on a plane every time they want to go out to dinner. Finally, a large percentage of people who communicate online with members of the opposite sex who are geographically distanced, do so because they have a relationship at home.

I like the site because it is pseudo-free and when I went onto the site several people immediately contacted me. The price and instant attention were strong selling points, but I don’t think the site is successful as it is currently marketed. Right now, the site is for bored, upper class people who may or may not be looking for a long-term relationship. Overall, the site seems best suited to aim for a piece of the adult/casual encounters market.

4 comments:

Rosse said...

I love this site. I also love Billionairecupid.com. Finally, I Got My Love At Billionairecupid.com. It's Fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, what a webpage it is! This web site gives helpful information to us, keep it up.


My weblog :: best affordable car insurance

Jake said...

MillionareMatch- becoming one of those members is easy. A profile can be posted for free after providing only the most basic information, like email address, age, location, gender, and income. After the basics are out of the way, members can get into more depth about who they are and what they’re looking for. Questions cover everything from children, to religion, to politics, to physical appearance, to relationship status, to smoking and drinking preferences, to education and occupation.

I also like Adam4Adam Check it out ;)

Lescafe said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice post about Millionaire dating .Will be waiting for more informative articles from you about Millionaire Dating."