Use MATCHinform to check people out that you meet online before meeting them in person. It is easy, free and might keep you from wasting time with liars and cheaters. Visit MATCHinform.com.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Is Looking Cheating? by Victoria

Victoria, 32, dating (semi-serious), DC:

It is ironic that the topic of the week is cheating. This subject is really “hitting home” for me this week. I opened my boyfriend’s computer and the first screen that popped up was a forum where he posted a question about meeting another woman at work and wanting to ask her out. He told me about this woman, but he told me SHE really liked him, and it made him uncomfortable, not the other way around!

If I could bring myself to do it, I would paste what he posted for all of you to see, but it's just too disgraceful. I can’t decide if I am angrier at him for “cheating” or posting his garish behavior online. I know that he wrote it anomalously, but still.

We have been dating three months, so this, most likely, will be the three month fight. (I have a theory about relationships and the 3 month and 6 months fights. If you survive them, then your relationship is usually good to go for at least two years.) I really care for him a lot, but I cannot waste my time with someone who is untrustworthy.

As soon as I am over the initial shock and can confront him without my emotions ruling, I will. And I’ll keep you all posted with his response.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had something similar happen with my boyfriend. There was a girl at his work who HE said was flirting with him, but I later found out it was BOTH of them. It wasn't anything physical, it was just text messages. (I was nasty and read his text messages, but I have a right to know!) I confronted him on it, saying it feels like he's cheating, although not physically, it still hurts just as much. After a long talk, him begging for forgiveness, me crying so hard, he called her right then and there. He told her what they were doing wasn't right and it needed to stop immediately. And it has. At first he showed me every night who called, who he text, who text him, because honestly, it was hard to gain trust back. Now I know nothing is happening, and although it took some hard work on my part (and his I guess too), I fully trust him again. Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

omg!!! Whatever you do...stand up for yourself and let him know exactly what you think. It can kill your relationship if you don't do something about it now. You do not need the stress of something this huge. Ugh!!! I hate men sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Where did he post this stuff, and if it was anonymous how do you know that it was him?

Anonymous said...

This is the perfect webpage for anybody who wishes to understand
this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually
would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a brand new spin on a subject which has been written about for ages.
Excellent stuff, just wonderful!

Have a look at my blog; professional indemnity insurance ()