Use MATCHinform to check people out that you meet online before meeting them in person. It is easy, free and might keep you from wasting time with liars and cheaters. Visit MATCHinform.com.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I was a Cheater - by Cara

Cara, 24, single, DC:

I have been thinking about “cheating” all day. I have never personally been the victim of a cheater (to my knowledge), but I have cheated. Although I know that I was wrong to cheat on my boyfriend, I felt justified at the time almost as though he deserved my infidelity. (He had been spending more time with his friends without including me.)

I do know people who have gotten through unfaithfulness, but it depends on the situation really. I am currently single, so I obviously I didn't survive my relationship that involved cheating. I think it depends on the underlying reason for the cheating, among other factors. You can learn to trust again, but it is very hard and takes time and counseling.

After I cheated, I actually felt stronger about my relationship with my boyfriend. I cheated by seeing an old boyfriend. After seeing him, I realized that I didn’t love him anymore; I loved my boyfriend. But that realization came too late. Overcome with guilt, I told my boyfriend several months later. It was my confession that ultimately started our bickering and eventual break-up.

I never plan on making the same mistake again. Even though I regret the failed relationship that became of my cheating, I am even more embarrassed by the lack of character I displayed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cheated on one of my ex's. I never told him about it and frankly, I too thought that I was justified. It sounds bad when I mention my indiscretion to anyone else, but he was ignoring me, pulling away from our relationship etc. We were basically over anyway, so it just helped me move on.

Anonymous said...

Stupid Sluts!

Anonymous said...

You never felt justified, you were rationalizing.

I hear it all the time from girls,"My boyfriend ignores me, he doesn't treat me well", blah, blah, blah!

You attention grubbing women! Prostituting youeselves for a little attention, and then, topping it off by blaming the poor guy you cheat on.

Anonymous said...

bookmarked!!, I love your web site!

My web page - cheap car insurance in ohio ()